Thursday, June 13, 2013

What I did and didn't know about pregnancy

I have spent a good part of my working career working with pregnant ladies or ladies that had their babies. I have seen a lot and learned a lot but boy, is it different when you are actually living it. I didn't realize that some of the symptoms would be so intense and I know that it is different for every woman. I guess this is the joy of being a first time mom.

Anyway...this is what I did know:


-You are going to have morning sickness, nausea, all day sickness, etc.
-Your belly is most likely going to be bigger.
-Your boobs get bigger.
-There are certain foods you should try to stay away from.
-There are certain things you can't do.
-You might have weird cravings.
-Your hormones are out of whack.
-You'll be tired.
-It will be an interesting experience.
-It is a blessing and a miracle!

 What I didn't know:

-I didn't know how intense pregnancy tired would be. No matter how much I slept, which was ALL the time, I never felt less tired.
-One word, constipation.
-The hormones would be way overwhelming. I am normally emotional but I am like PREGOZILLA. Just ask my hubby.
-I would have to eat based on what smelt or sounds good.
-How uncomfortable it would feel growing a baby. All the stretching and cramping. Good times.
-You can only lay on your sides. Obviously you can't sleep on your back and front when you are farther along but even now if I wake up on my stomach I feel uncomfortable.
-etc, etc, etc. I am sure there is more that I just can't remember at this moment in time. You know that pregnancy brain thing..

Anyway... I love being pregnant and it is such a blessing but there are a lot of things that are not fun and suck. I can't wait until we find out what baby AC is! Only 4 more weeks.


1 comment:

Casey said...

Yay!! I loved this!!! hahaha. Amen to your lists. So true. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT THE GENDER IS!!!!

Background