Monday, August 13, 2012

Metformin

Last week we had an appointment with the reproductive doctor. They wanted to do what they call a trial transfer. Warning: this might be TMI for some people. They wanted to make sure my uterus still looks good and measured it. The doctor also counted my eggs and seemed concerned that I am making more than necessary. So he put me on Metformin which is usually a medication for diabetes or a syndrome called PCOS and I don't have either of these. He put me on it to regulate my egg production. It has not been a fun drug to take and tomorrow I have to up my dose. It has made me sick most night with nausea and bowel problems. I hope that is has the outcome that the doctor is looking for.

Also, I will be starting my injection medications on the 2nd of September and then the 12th of September with have our meeting with the psychiatrist. I am not sure what is all going to happen during that appointment but I hope that it goes well and won't postpone this again. I hope that this is finally the right time and nothing else will stand in the way. But I know when the time is right we will be blessed with a beautiful bundle of joy and I can't wait for that day. =) 


3 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! I am praying so hard for you guys. And hey, having extra eggs isn't all bad... it means more options! My mom does have PCOS and she had some crazy amount of eggs (I can't remember how many, but it made my jaw drop!)... and she ended up with three healthy little ones. ;)

Emilee said...

Good luck with everything! The psych appt. was no big deal for us. Just a lot of background details making sure you both want to be parents that type of thing.

The Stephens Family said...

I wish you guys the best of luck! What an ordel you guys are going through! You are great troopers.

Background