Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 22 and 23 (I am not good at this everyday thing)

Adam has been in the hospital for two weeks now and today he gets to go home! It feels like it's been a long two weeks and I am so ready to take my swedish pea home! I some how got stuck at work though so I won't be able to go home with him! =( But it will be nice to sleep in our own bed tonight and eat food that isn't hospital food. I hope we won't have to be back anytime soon! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the staff and hanging out with them but I think we are both ready to get out and start enjoying the summer!

Tomorrow is the U2 concert and I know Adam is pretty excited about it. I just hope it doesn't rain on us! I don't want him to get sick after just getting out of the hospital! Anyway..hope everyone had a great weekend!

CF Fact:

Respiratory system complications
Bronchiectasis. Cystic fibrosis is one of the leading causes of bronchiectasis, a condition in which damaged airways widen and become flabby and scarred.


Chronic infections. Thick mucus in the lungs and sinuses provide an excellent breeding ground for bacteria. Most people with cystic fibrosis have almost constant infections in their lungs and sinuses.


Collapsed lung. Repeated lung infections damage the lungs, making it more likely for the lung to collapse.


Nasal polyps. Because the lining inside the nose is inflamed and swollen, it's more likely to develop large or multiple polyps — soft, fleshy growths inside your nose.


Respiratory failure. Over time, cystic fibrosis can damage lung tissue so badly that it won't work anymore. Lung function typically worsens gradually, and it eventually can become life-threatening.

No comments:

Background